PEGASUS COMMUNITY CARE
A CHALLENGING ROLE FOR THERAPEUTIC YOUTH & MENTAL HEALTH WORKERS (including Crisis Care)
Pegasus Care is looking for dedicated Therapeutic Youth workers to join our team. We require staff members to work with one of our business partners and provide support to children/young people in out of home care. The work consists of supporting children/young people under child safety orders, with complex care needs and/or children/young people who have experienced levels of trauma and suffer with depression, anxiety and attachment disorders. Some of the children/young people may display high challenging behaviours as a result of their trauma and/or drug and alcohol dependencies.
As this work also includes Crisis accommodation, this would involve you having the flexibility to work across multiple site locations.
We are looking for committed people to actively engage with the children/young people and help them build individual capacity and empower them to lead enriched and meaningful lives and who are experienced in providing residential support to children/young people in out of Home Care, as well as support to access the wider community.
To be successful, you will need well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a Team as well as family members, you will need good communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to follow the routines and protocols in the setting in which you work.
As this is an extremely challenging role we are looking for applicants who: –
- Have 12 months full time paid experience working with clients in a residential / out of home care setting
- Proven experience of supporting youth within crisis/trauma/child safety
- Have the ability to engage with all different personalities to provide support and encouragement
- Be able to manage challenging situations as they arise
- Provide support with a model of care for best long-term client outcomes in co-operation with other care team members.
- Providing positive emotional support to clients
- Implementation of specialized client care plans
- Delivering on behavioural support plans and ensuring consistent approaches are taken in line with other workers for the specific client.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills
- Willing to commit to a variety of different shifts
- Willingness to travel to different locations as required
To be considered for the role YOU MUST HAVE the following:
- Cert IV in Youth Work/Community Services (must be included with your application) and a willingness to undertake a Diploma relevant to the sector in accordance with current State guidelines.
- Drivers licence and own reliable transport
- Comprehensive car insurance
- The right to work in Australia
- Current Working With Children Check, Current National Police Check, Current First Aid/CPR Certificate and 100 points of ID
- 2 Relevant Reference Checks within the Youth Sector
Desirable Education: Diploma/Certificate Mental in Health
To apply, please ensure you address all essential criteria and demonstrate the experience you have gained and send your application and supporting documentation to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Casual
- paid residential experience in Australia: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mental Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certificate I – IV (Preferred)
- Sydney Western Suburbs NSW
- Current National Police Check (Preferred)
- Current Working with Children Check (Preferred)
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate (Preferred)
#jobs #jobsavailable #positionsvacant #westernsydney
- Salary Range Up to $40,000
- Total Years Experience 0-5