- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre, is seeking a qualified and experienced Counsellor for this crucial role in their organisation.
Your new employer…
Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre (BWGHC), is a feminist, non for profit charity meeting the needs of excellent health and wellbeing initiatives for women and girls and envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. BWGHC work towards this by providing counselling, information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services to clients.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 30 years as one of 20 Women’s Health Centre’s across NSW. Over this time, the BWGHC has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including women only Doctor and Nurse Clinics, Early Childhood Clinics, Legal Services, Drug and Alcohol support and advice, Counselling (Generalist and Domestic Violence), Case Work, Group Work and Information Services and auspice the North West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre via, www.womensandgirls.org.au
About the Opportunity…
This position forms a crucial part of the BWGHC leadership team (comprising Executive Officer, Intake Coordinator and Coordinator of the NWSWDVCAS).
Reporting to the Executive Officer this role provides an intake, assessment, counselling, case management, crisis support and referral for women and girls seeking Counselling and Case Management. The position will also provide administrative assistance to students and liaise with other staff and provide follow-up re clients as required.
This is a Full Time Locum (Maternity Leave) role at 35 hours per week for a duration of 14 months. There is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated. Salary for this role is classified at level 5.3 in the NSW SCHADS Award. The role is based in Blacktown and some travel in the Blacktown LGA may be necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will be a passionate woman with sound experience in Counselling as well as excellent leadership skills, outstanding communication and staff management skills and a solid background and understanding of the accountabilities of child protection, family support, and domestic violence support work. A sound understanding of the local referral networks in Blacktown LGA will be highly regarded.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in counselling and case management
- A minimum of 2 years ‘experience in working with women in a counselling and case management/ therapeutic relationship
- Personal and professional commitment to working within Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre’s mission, values and feminist framework
- Relevant experience in intake and student administrative assistance and workplace supervision of students and counselling volunteers
- Experience in assessment and referral processes
- Knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault and child protection issues and how they impact women’s, girls and children’s health
- Experience in contributing to individual-to-individual and systematic advocacy relating to key issues affecting women’s mental health and well-being
- Skills in networking and advocacy
- Computer skills and demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
- Superior time management and workload organisation skills
- Experience in use of evaluation strategies and tools
- Experience in record keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to provide clearance of a NSW Working With Children check (or willingness to obtain)
- Ability to successfully complete the criminal background check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
If you have a background in Women’s Services or Domestic Violence and a passion for helping making a positive difference in people’s lives then this is the role for you!
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Friday 21st February 2020
- Address Blacktown
- Salary Range $40,000 - $70,000
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia