- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, WASH House, is seeking a qualified and experienced professional for this crucial leadership role in their organisation.
Your new employer…
The Women’s Activities and Self Help (WASH) House is a community based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. They work towards this by providing information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services
The organisation has been established in the area for over 35 years as a support and resource centre for women. Over this time, the WASH House has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services. The WASH House is a service run by women, for women.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about WASH via www.washhouse.org.au
Your new job…
This position forms a crucial part of the WASH House leadership team (comprising of Executive Officer, Services Coordinator and Operations Coordinator). The leadership team will work collaboratively and present a unified message to the staff regarding strategic objectives and vision for the organisation as well as aim to maintain a positive workplace culture.
The role is Permanent Part Time at 28 hours per week. There is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated, the role could be worked 4 or 5 days per week/school hours/9 day fortnight.
Salary for this role is classified at level 8 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Mt Druitt but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore will require some travel as necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
We are seeking an Executive Officer who will lead the organisation, be dynamic and have the capacity to adapt to and build new responses in the face of changes in the sector and the funding environment.
The incumbent will be motivated and possess contemporary management skills including sound skills in leadership, strategic planning, project management, financial management and public relations. The EO will be responsible to and directed by the WASH House Board of Management.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications e.g. Social Work/Community Development/Public Policy
- Commitment to WASH House Vision and Values and working within a feminist framework and understanding of social policy and issues that face women in Western Sydney
- Demonstrated superior management skills and experience including the areas of:
- Organisational Development and Strategic Planning
- Policy Development and Quality assurance
- Financial management
- Human Resources leadership and managing change
- Risk Management and Work Health & Safety
- Public Relations
- Project Management
- Marketing and promotion
- Working with a Board of Management and understanding of not-for-profit governance
- Demonstrated high level communication skills including ability to produce written reports and funding submissions as well as public speaking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team for the organisation
- Experience building partnerships with multidisciplinary services and agencies and ability to build and foster sector relationships within a changing sector climate
- Computer and internet skills
- Current driver’s licence and vehicle
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The WASH House considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment with supportive and committed Board of Management
If you have both experience in management and a background in this field and a passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives then we want to talk with you right away!
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume before the closing date.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Monday 22nd February 2021
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of a NSW Working with Children Check and undergo a Police Check.
- Address Mount Druitt, NSW
- Salary Range $70,000 - $100,000
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia