- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre, is seeking qualified Domestic Violence Specialist Workers experienced in DV work specifically for these new roles in their organisation.
Your new employer…
Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre (BWGHC), is a feminist, non for profit charity meeting the needs of excellent health and wellbeing initiatives for women and girls and envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. BWGHC work towards this by providing counselling, information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services to clients.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 30 years as one of 20 Women’s Health Centre’s across NSW. Over this time, the BWGHC has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including women only Doctor and Nurse Clinics, Early Childhood Clinics, Legal Services, Drug and Alcohol support and advice, Counselling (Generalist and Domestic Violence), Case Work, Group Work and Information Services and auspice the North West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre via, www.womensandgirls.org.au
About the Program
The aim of the North West Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (NWSWDVCAS) program is to provide women experiencing domestic and family violence with threat assessment and safety planning, case coordination, information and Court Advocacy for clients in obtaining legal protection through an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order and provide liaison and secretariat support for Safety Action Meetings (SAMs). NWSWDVCAS also work in cooperation with other services at BWGHC.
About the Opportunity…
There are 4 positions being recruited. Reporting to the NWSWDVCAS Manager these roles provide court support and advocacy, assessment & assistance developing safety plans, information and referrals to women and children experiencing domestic violence.
These roles are Full Time at 35 hours per week, contracted to 30 June 2024. Salary for this role is classified at level 5 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Blacktown and some travel in the Blacktown LGA may be necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will be a passionate woman with sound experience in case management as well as strong communication and networking skills and a solid background in working with women and children experiencing domestic violence. A sound understanding of the local referral networks in Blacktown LGA will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field such as Social Work/Social Science/Counselling/Case Management
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role (i.e. working with women in domestic/family violence specialist service/role)
- Personal and professional commitment to working within Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre’s mission, values and feminist framework
- Strong understanding of domestic and family violence, its complexities and consequences (formal training in this area would be highly regarded)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice response to domestic and family violence including AVO applications and criminal prosecutions and related legal matters such as family law, care and protection, migration and victim’s compensation issues
- Ability to work with the local community to promote awareness of domestic and family violence and WDVCAS services
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in negotiation, advocacy and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with clients in crisis and provide appropriate, trauma-informed support
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills; and
- Computer skills and experience in record keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to provide clearance of an NSW Working With Children check (or willingness to obtain)
- Ability to successfully complete the criminal background check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Blacktown Women’s and Girls Health Centre considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
If you have a background in Women’s Services or Domestic Violence and a passion for helping making a positive difference in people’s lives then this is the role for you!
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Friday 29th May 2020
- Address Blacktown, NSW
- Salary Range $40,000 - $70,000
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia