We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team at CatholicCare. Are you who we’re looking for?
We are expanding and are now seeking Disability Support Worker in Western Sydney! If you are the type of person who wants to make a positive impact on people so they may live with joy and purpose then we want to hear from you!
About the Role:
Working within the community you will be providing a range of services to our valued clients including undertaking personal care services, social connection. transport, domestic cleaning, preparing light meals, and generally bringing joy and purpose to their day!
We are seeking one Permanent Part-time, 15hrs per week and various casual staff to service our clients in Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A Certificate III or IV in Individual Support/Aged Care/Disability (Personal Care module must be complete)
- Experience working remotely with a high degree of autonomy and drive
- Current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- A current drivers license and own a registered and insured vehicle
- Evidence of a current COVID-19 vaccination Certificate
- You are available to work a variety of shifts including leave coverage. Ideally across 5 days or more
- Our shifts include morning, evening and night
- You are passionate about supporting others and energised by interacting and engaging with people
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine desire to support our clients to live their lives to the fullest.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
At CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains we are committed to making sure no one is left behind.
We have the people, the resources, and the plans in place to make a real difference in the lives of people who find themselves facing difficult circumstances.
We are a team of people who are passionate about what we do and truly care about people – no matter where they come from, what they look like or how they see the world.
CatholicCare is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods and/or adjustments please contact email@example.com.
When successful, you will be required to provide a national police check, (obtained in the last 6 months,) and an Employee Working with Children’s with both having no disclosable outcomes and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia
How to Apply
If you are passionate about working with the community and want to experience a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
- Submit your application via email (Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and Resume). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Disability Support Worker. The position description can be downloaded via the following link Disability Support Worker_Dec 2020:
- If you are shortlisted, you will take part in a 10-15-minute phone screen
- Be invited to come along to an interview where CatholicCare will determine your suitability for the role
- Your reference checks
- A verbal offer followed by necessary safety, employment and compliance screening
- Offer of employment and determine when you can start and join the team!
CatholicCare is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and vulnerable adults and that all children, young people and vulnerable adults have an equal right to protection from abuse. We will take every reasonable step to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- Address Level 2, 10 Victoria Road, Parramatta
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia