Our client, Junaya Family Development Services (JFDS), is seeking a qualified and experienced, committed and enthusiastic Caseworkers to engage with families experiencing disadvantage.
Your new employer…
Junaya Family Development Services is a community organisation located in Blacktown area and provides a range of services for families to assist in strengthening and building capacity.
JFDS offers an Early Intervention & prevention program (EIPP) providing information and advice for families who have children 0-18 years, as well as a 12-week home visiting program for families who have children 0-18 years and who live in the Blacktown LGA. In addition, they have a Learning Difficulties/Disability project also for families who have a children 0-18 years who experience a learning difficulty or disability and who reside in the Blacktown LGA.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Junaya via https://junaya.org.au/
Your new job…
These positions provides client-centered, strengths-based, flexible and high-quality case management to help client’s and their families build their capacity including assessment, planning, referral and advocacy as well as group work activities.
There are 2 roles available, both are Full Time at 35 hours per week for a Fixed Term until 30/06/2020, with the opportunity to extend until 31/12/2020 or perhaps becoming permanent thereafter. Salary for this role is classified at level 4 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Blacktown but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore some travel will be necessary, therefore you will need a current driver’s license.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, proactive, experienced professional with relevant tertiary qualifications as well as experience in all areas of case management, group work facilitation and demonstrated abilities in working collaboratively with other professionals.
- Minimum Diploma in Community Services or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in case management for families with complex presentations (e.g. domestic/family violence, relationship breakdown, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol and by lack of infrastructure provisions for the necessities)
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic/family violence, child protection issues, mental health, AOD related issues and the impact on children/young people and their families
- Demonstrated ability to work within a strengths-based, client-centred framework & ability to build a good rapport with clients working in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Demonstrated experience in planning, delivering and evaluating group work activities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Cultural competence and ability to work with diverse communities
- Demonstrated experience in developing sustainable collaborative partnerships with other services
- Computer skills and experience working with client information electronically
- Ability to preserve & maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated experience and understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation (i.e. Keep Them Safe)
- Current driver’s licence and regular access to own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Current NSW Working with Children check clearance and willingness to participate in a National Police Background check
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay!
- Some above Award conditions
- Supportive team environment
If you have a strong background in case management with a commitment to strengthening families with a child/young person then this is the role for you!
For an Information Pack, please visit our website or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria along with your resume. The easiest way to do this is from our website www.totalworkforceservices.com.au/006jun
Previous applicants need not reapply.
Applications close: COB (5pm) Tuesday 3rd March 2020
- Address Blacktown, NSW
- Salary Range $40,000 - $70,000
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia